Thursday, March 30, 2006

"Hi my name is Penny and I am addicted to Splenda."


Secretly everytime I hit up a breakfast joint or one of those major chain
coffee places for my fix I find myself standing in front of the cream and sugars. I have a problem, I pilfer Splenda.

I admit that I love this stuff. Maybe it's the cute yellow packaging or the way it flavours whatever I want sweetened but it's a secret addiction of mine. I have to stop. This morning I went for my splenda box. (A box I purchased over a year ago mind you) It was brimming full of paper gold delight. A sence of calm washes over me. You see I get strangely worried if my supply gets low.

Perhaps if I felt guilt while cramming several packets in my pocket things might be different. I might go to the local SafeWay and buy my own supply. I just can't seem to do it. I mean why have it out like some sort of all you can eat sweetener buffet? Why not ration it out?

The saddest part is, I know I am not the only one. I see you there too, shifty eyes yes I saw what you did. Maybe I should take comfort in this. Or lock up my secret stash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home